Baby D Vitamin D3 -15ml
What is BabyD
Baby Dis a vitamin D food supplement specially formulated for infants between the ages of 0 – 12 months. BabyD comes in liquid form, in an amber glass bottle, along with a single oral dosing syringe.
Why use vitamin D3
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children. In Ireland, the recommended daily dose of vitamin D3 for infants is 5 µg. Each 0.2ml dose of BabyD contains 5 µg of vitamin D3.
How should BabyD be given?
BabyD is given orally once per day. An oral syringe with a 0.2 mL/5µg VitD marking is provided in the pack to facilitate accurate dosing. The oral syringe can be cleaned after use. Administer BabyD when your infant is in a relaxed state after feeding and winding. BabyD is odourless and tasteless making it easier for your baby to take.
Instructions for Use
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Remove the cap by pushing it down and turning it anticlockwise.
- Remove the syringe from the wrapping, insert it into the opening at the neck of the bottle and dispose of the plastic wrapping immediately.
- Turn the bottle upside down, draw back the plunger of the syringe to the 0.2 mL/5µg VitD mark and line up the end of the plunger with the external black outline (as shown).
- Return the bottle to upright position and remove the syringe.
- Place the open end of the syringe into your infant’s mouth and press the plunger down slowly to deliver the contents.
- After use replace the cap back on the bottle, disassemble the syringe and wash parts in sterilised water.
- As an alternative, BabyD can be administered on a sterilised spoon using the syringe provided to measure the dose.
- BabyD contains Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) formulated in miglyol oil.
- BabyD contains trace amounts of vitamin E, which act as an antioxidant for vitamin D3.
- All ingredients comply with Ph. Eur. (pharmaceutical standard). Miglyol oil is obtained from environmentally friendly sustainable resources.
- Allergy Information
- BabyD does not contain peanuts, peanut traces, gluten, lactose or sugars.
- BabyD does not contain oil from the following nuts:
- almond, hazelnut, walnut, cashew, pecan nut, brazil nut, pistachio nut, macadamia nut and queensland nut.
- Do not use BabyD if your baby is allergic to any of the ingredients.
Each pack contains 15 mL of BabyD in an amber glass bottle and an oral syringe to administer the product. Should the oral syringe become damaged or lost please contact KoRa Healthcare for a replacement syringe (ROI Freephone 1800 42 62 82 or International Tel +353 1 8900406).
- Keep BabyD and the pack contents out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place in original packaging and keep out of direct sunlight.
- Keep cap closed when not in use.
- Do not use BabyD after the use by date, which is stated on the bottle and the carton.
- Do not use BabyD if tamper evident seal has been broken before use.
- Use BabyD within 3 months of opening. Each 15 mL bottle of BabyDcontains 75 days supply.
Do not exceed the stated dose. If your baby misses a dose do not take a double dose.
If you think you have overdosed contact your pharmacist or doctor Please note that high intakes of vitamin D (> 25µg) which is 5 times the recommended daily allowance can cause kidney and bone damage.
A food supplement is not a substitute for a healthy diet. Baby D should be consumed as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.