Dermatix Silicone Scar Gel
Face Scar Cream
Dermatix scar cream reduces the visibility of face scars and acne scars.
- Dermatix silicone scar gel is used by and endorsed by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and leading skin care specialists all over the world.
- Dermatix reduces scarring. It has been clinically tested and proven to reduce the visibility of scars by softening, flattening and smoothing scars.
- Dermatix not only reduces the visibility of scars – it reduces the itching and discomfort associated with scars.
- Dermatix Silicone Scar Gel is safe enough to be used on the facial scars, as well as joints and other parts of the body.
- For small scars, there is a 15g tube and for large scars, you may wish to consider the 60g tube.
What type of scars can Dermatix be used on?
- Small Scars (<10cm) eg face scars, scars on the neck and all flexible body parts.
- Linear Scars (post operative).
- Breast Surgery Scarring.
- Liposuction Scars.
- Cosmetic Surgery Scars.
- Naevus and skin tumour surgery scars.
- Minor surgery scars.
- Post skin biopsy Scars.
Dermatix may also be used under camouflage make up.
Dermatix Scar Cream Benefits:
Scars are less visible and flatter.
-Dermatix flattens, softens and smoothes face scars, reduces scar-associated pain, itching and discoloration.
Prevents Abnormal Scarring.
-Dermatix is an effective and convenient way to manage scars and to prevent abnormal scarring. Treatment takes only 4-5 minutes.
Scars can be treated quickly..
- Dermatix scar gel dries quickly and is fast and easy to use. Scar cream is an easy-to-apply gel that can be applied in minutes.
Scars are treated discreetly.
Dermatix scar gel is colourless and coats the scar tissue discreetly. Dermatix offers a positive step to help to restore self-confidence, particularly in the case of face scars and acne scarring.
Treat scars on Sensitive skin.
-Dermatix is kind to all skin types – even the most sensitive. Dermatix scar gel is suitable for use on children and on those at high risk of scarring.
Dermatix scar cream maintains the pH balance of the skin whilst providing a flexible protective layer to the scar.
-Dermatix doesn't interfere with the natural processes of the skin whist it is treating a scar.
Dermatix Scar Cream can be use on most parts of the body including face and joints.
Dermatix scar treatment does not cause maceration
(maceration occurs when the surrounding skin retains too much moisture, causing it to soften and turn white – like the affect of a plaster being left on the skin too long.)
Dermatix Scar cream is semi permeable.
During scar treatment, Dermatix allows the scarred skin to breathe.
How to use Dermatix Scar Gel
Dermatix scar gel is very simple to apply and should be used at least twice a day:
- Clean the scar tissue area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry.
- Gently massage a small amount of Dermatix scar gel over the affected scarred area of skin.
- Allow to dry for 4–5 minutes before covering the scarred area with clothing or make-up.
If Dermatix scar gel has not dried within 4–5 minutes, you may have used too much: remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
The recommended minimum duration of scar reduction treatment is two months.
Continue to use Dermatix Scar Gel for as long as benefits are experienced.
- 15 g tube
- 60 g tube
Dermatix Scar Gel should not be applied to open or fresh wounds or placed in contact with mucous membranes.
If you are treating a face scar, do not apply too close to the eyes.
Dermatix Scar Gel should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatment products.
Dermatix Gel may stain clothing if not completely dry.
Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
If redness, pain or irritation occurs during scar reduction treatment, discontinue use and consult your physician.
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dermatix?
Dermatix scar gel is an advanced topical silicone gel formulation. It is used and recommended by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and leading specialist worldwide, to effectively treat and repair scars resulting from surgery, burns and other injuries.
Regular use of Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear or Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric can minimise existing hypertrophic scars and keloids. Dermatix silicone sheet may be used to aid in the prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
For which types of scars is Dermatix suitable?
Dermatix visibly improves established and new scars on the face and body, including hypertrophic, keloid scars, and scars from acne.
Can I use Dermatix to help avoid scars?
If the skin has been ruptured you cannot avoid a scar, but you can make it less visible. You must only start Dermatix when the wound has completely healed.
What will Dermatix do to improve my scars?
Dermatix is clinically proven to improve scars. Dermatix has been shown to soften, flatten and smooth scars, and to relieve the itching and discomfort associated with them. Silicone products, like Dermatix can significantly reduce the visibility of your scar.
How long will I need to use Dermatix before I can see a difference in my scar?
An early benefit of Dermatix is usually seen within 4–5 weeks of usage, you will notice an improvement in the itching and discomfort of the scar, but generally a significant improvement in appearance will not be seen until a minimum of 2 months of continuous use. Dermatix will not work overnight.
How long should I use Dermatix for?
Studies have shown that silicone works most effectively if it is in constant contact with the scar – so be sure to use the gel morning and night as part of your daily routine, or the sheets up to 23 hours a day, for a minimum of two months. Further benefits may result from extended use.
Can Dermatix be used on sensitive skin, children, darker skinned people and pregnant women?
Will Dermatix eventually remove my scar?
It is not possible to make a scar “invisible”. Dermatix will however, markedly improve the appearance of most established and new scars.
Are there any side-effects?
Very rarely Dermatix can cause redness.
Are there any precautions?
Dermatix is for external use only and should not be applied to open or fresh wounds, placed in contact with mucous membranes or too close to the eyes. Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments or products.
Can I use Dermatix on established scars?
How is Dermatix different from other scar treatment products?
Dermatix is effective, clinically tested and proven, convenient, painless and can be used on all skin types as well as on and around joints and bony areas. There is no drug in Dermatix.
How else can I take care of my scar?
Scars, especially fresh ones, should not be exposed to extremes of temperature (intense sunshine, sunbeds, saunas and extreme cold). Tight clothing should also be avoided, in case it irritates or injures the scar tissue. Care should be taken during stretching and strengthening exercises because the skin, which has already been damaged, is extremely sensitive.
Medical Aspect of Silicone Gel.
- Several mechanisms of action have been proposed in relation to scar management. However, the exact mechanism of action by which silicone gel works is still unknown.
- Many have agreed that it acts at the stratum corneum (the uppermost layer of the epidermis), which reduces evaporation and restore homeostasis (Skin functions in homeostasis include protection, regulation of body temperature, sensory reception, water balance, synthesis of vitamins and hormones, and absorption of materials).
- Recent publications have also demonstrated that in-vitro (Taking place in a test tube, culture dish, or elsewhere outside a living organism.), there has been a positive effect of silicone over growth factors and collagen concentration.
Starting at: €11.95
Starting at: €21.35